Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Claire Darlene Laffin

Well, since it has been awhile since I've posted anything I will skip to the main event.....

I had prayed pretty much the entire pregnancy for a smooth delivery and for family to be here. My mom and sister got into town on May 2nd and we went to a shower the ladies at the church had for me and another expecting mommy. We went to the hospital on May 3rd to be induced, I was absolutely ecstatic to be 4 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced, I thought "this should be quick." They started the petocin and we began to walk, walk, and did a bit more walking, then sat on the birthing ball, tried to rest in bed, and walked some more. This was not going as quickly as I had planned!! (My labor was 8 hours with Hunter and I was not dilated or effaced so I thought this should move quickly) Finally after about 6 hours my midwife got to the hospital and broke my water making me think OK, about and hour or so.... (since that was how it had been with my previous deliveries). Then as I was fully dilated and ready to go and Claire decided she would take her sweet time!! After about 45minutes of swaying and rocking trying to get her to drop she decided it was time and with a few good pushes she was crying before she was even all the way out. We cuddled for awhile Scott cut the cord then they got her cleaned up and weighed her. Claire Darlene Laffin was born May 3rd at 9:35pm, 9lbs, 8 oz 20 1/2 inches and her head was 13 1/2 inches.


Me, Claire, and my midwife, Tom


Kelsea sang "Rock a bye baby" as soon as Scott gave her Claire to hold, it was very sweet.

Rusty was excited to hold her but got over it quick and soon wanted to just run around.


Hunter is in love with his little sister, he loves to hold her or pet her head and is very concerned when she cries.

No comments: